CONVEYANCING LEGAL ASSISTANT: THE ROLE
We have a vacancy for a full-time Conveyancing Legal Assistant to join our Residential Conveyancing team.
Job Role: Legal Assistant
Department: Residential Conveyancing
Term: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Competitive, DOE + benefits
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure that Fee Earners time is effectively utilised through administrative support
- Deal with client enquiries including taking detailed and accurate information, producing quotations and ensuring enquiries are followed up.
- Produce initial client care documentation accurately and liaise with the client regarding their return.
- Undertake anti-money laundering checks and assist in ensuring compliance with anti-money laundering regulations.
- Providing assistance to the conveyancing team in administrative duties involved in correct allocation of client money.
- Deal with following up the return of the client’s initial documents
- An ability to draft legal documents including but not limited to the contract for sale and transfer deed (desired but not essential as training will be provided)
- Dealing with third parties and clients via telephone and email; providing accurate updates and information.
- Maintain a professional attitude and effective communications between clients, fee earners, team members and colleagues.
- Provide a first-rate service to clients, both internal and external, presenting a positive image of Cullimore Dutton at all times.
- Recognise, respect and honour client confidentiality at all times
CONVEYANCING LEGAL ASSISTANT: THE PERSON
You will need a flexible approach and the ability to work as part of a team, together with the following skills:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/Teams)
- Excellent communication skills both on the telephone and in person
- Good time management skills and an ability to prioritise where necessary
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience of working as a legal assistant preferably within a conveyancing team.
- Experience of Ochresoft Case Management System (ideal but not essential as training will be given)
CONVEYANCING LEGAL ASSISTANT: APPLY NOW
If you wish to be considered for our Conveyancing Legal Assistant vacancy, please forward your CV and covering letter to
Download this role as a PDF:
CONVEYANCING LEGAL ASSISTANT
Please note we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.