We have a long and proud history of supporting, helping and advising the good people of Cheshire and North Wales which dates back to 1792. With over 230 years under our belt, we are the most established legal practice in the region, however, we truly believe that we are a business which looks forward not back.
We constantly strive to grow and improve our business and the services we provide. Our team are all committed to changing the lives of our clients, colleagues and the wider community through their work – this is our purpose.
Here we celebrate our history, the events which have shaped us and the long-held trust generations of clients have put in us…
In 1792, under the reign of George III, with William Pitt the Younger as Prime Minister, Birch Cullimore began trading as a firm of solicitors from our current home at 20 White Friars, Chester City Centre.
For perspective, in France the same year, King Louis XVI and his queen Mary-Antoinette were imprisoned when the French monarchy was abolished, leading to Napoleon Bonaparte becoming powerful and waging the Napoleonic Wars. 12 years after Birch Cullimore began trading; the Battle of Waterloo marked the end of the Napoleonic Wars.