Why use a legal professional to make an LPA
Using legal professionals such as Cullimore Dutton to make a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) offers several benefits and can provide peace of mind throughout the process.
Here are some reasons why engaging with legal professionals can be advantageous:
- Legal expertise: We specialise in this area of law, including wills, estate planning and LPAs. We possess in-depth knowledge of the relevant laws, regulations, and formalities associated with creating an LPA. This expertise ensures that the document is correctly prepared, reducing the risk of errors or invalidation in the future.
- Tailored advice: Your circumstances are unique, and as legal professionals we can provide personalised advice based on your specific needs. We will take the time to understand your situation, explain the legal implications, and guide you through the decision-making process. This can help you make informed choices regarding your LPA, such as selecting the most appropriate attorneys and specifying their powers.
- Ensuring legal requirements are met: LPAs must comply with certain legal requirements to be valid. As legal professionals we can ensure that all necessary forms are completed accurately, witnessed correctly, and signed by the relevant parties in the appropriate order. This reduces the risk of your LPA being rejected or challenged on technical grounds.
- Safeguarding against abuse or disputes: As legal professionals we can help safeguard against potential abuse or disputes by ensuring that the LPA is clear, comprehensive, and accurately reflects your intentions. We can guide you on the appointment of suitable attorneys and advise on any restrictions or conditions that can be included in the document to protect your interests.
- Managing complex situations: If your circumstances involve complexities such as business interests, overseas assets, or blended families, as legal professionals we can provide invaluable guidance. We can help navigate these complexities, identify potential issues, and develop appropriate solutions to address them within the LPA.
- Continuing support: As legal professionals we can offer ongoing support beyond the initial creation of the LPA. We can keep a copy of the document in safe custody, provide advice on amendments or revocation, and assist in the event of challenges or disputes relating to the LPA.
How we can help
While engaging a legal professional involves some cost, our expertise and assistance can provide you with confidence in the legal validity of your LPA and ensure that your wishes are accurately reflected. Our team are all specialists in this area of law so we can ensure the best possible outcome for your LPA.
If you would like a free initial consultation with a member of the Wills & Probate team simple click on the “Speak to Our Experts” button on this page, call us on 01244 729 073 or email email@example.com
Please note: This is not legal advice; it is intended to provide information of general interest about current legal issues.